- KALTIM PRIMA COAL, PT
KALTIM PRIMA COAL, PT
OUR BUSINESS :
The total area reached 90,938 hectares concession KPC. Design and construction began in January 1989 and completed in accordance with the targets set on September 1, 1991. Delivery of coal to customers has increased from 7 million tons in 1992 to 53.2 million tons in 2013. Mining operations are fully KPC teringrasi and self-reliance.
The majority of our coal delivered to customers via Tanjung Bara Coal Terminal (TTBB).
• Stock TTBB have a live capacity of 2 x 1.2 million tonnes
• Stacking Capacity 2 x 4,200 tonnes per hour
• reclaimer capacity of 2 x 4700 tonnes per hour
• Coal is sent to the ship loading conveyor and a reclaimer with a combination of direct bypass of the OLC.
• TTBB also equipped with ship loading conveyor which includes 2 km to the sea Trestle dock to dock with a draft of 17.2 m is available that is capable of supporting 220,000 DWT vessels.
• Twin quardrant shiploaders with a total capacity of up to 9,000 tonnes per hour.
Supported by a calm sea, tidal ranges are low and good weather throughout the year, KPC can ensure year-round operation and delivery.
Operate independent surveyor mechanical sampling system is located at the beginning of the ship loader conveyor to ensure product quality.
KPC Produces three brands of coal:
1. Prima Coal
Prima Coal is one of the highest quality thermal coal traded internationally. This is a high volatile bituminous coal with a high calorific value, ash is very low, moderate sulfur, and a relatively low amount of moisture. It is a shiny coal with high vitrinite content. Prima mainly come from six main layers in the hole located near Pinang Dome. A higher temperature and pressure in the coal seam near Dome produces coal with low humidity and cause a higher heat content.
2. Coal Pinang
Pinang coal is almost similar to Prima coal, but with the humidity level and lower energy.
3. Coal Fight
Against coal is sub-bituminous coal the cleanest with the lowest levels of dust and contains sulfur. Against Coal Pinang and are far from the Dome and is contained in a layer which is generally higher in the stratigraphic sequence.
Bengalon products is dominated by the quality Pinang, with Calorific Value (CV), which can be tailored to the specifications required in both the domestic and export markets.