- NUSA HALMAHERA MINERAL, PT
NUSA HALMAHERA MINERAL, PT
PT Nusa Halmahera Minerals is a mining company engaged in Gold & Silver,
Mining area of PT Nusa Halmahera Minerals include:
1. Mine Gosowong
- Gosowong Gold Mine is an open pit mine (open pit mine) which is located beside the River Tabobo, North Halmahera, North Maluku province, covering 1,608 ha construction field. During 1999-2002, Gosowong gold mine produces 770,000 ounces of gold but has now closed.
2. Mine Toguraci
- Toguraci mine located 2 km southwest of the mine Gosowong and also an open pit mine. With a building area of 2,168 ha, Toguraci mine has produced 492,000 ounces of gold during 2004 to 2008 but is now also closed.
3. Kencana Underground Mine
- Kencana Underground Mine is located 1 km south of the mine Gosowong with construction area of 28 252 ha. All mining activities in Gosowong currently going on in the Kencana underground mine by an alliance between PT. NHM and PT. Byrnecut Indonesia. Number of current reserves are 2.5 million ones grading 29 g / t gold for 2.3 million ounces of gold. Until now, the mining of the ore body K1 has produced 0.79 million ounces of gold. Underhand cut and fill has been selected as the underground mining method in accordance with the soil and fill have been as underground mining method in accordance with the condition of the soil and deposit. There are four drill jumbo, 4 and 5 truck loader in underground operations to carry out the work required. NHM is committed to ensure the transfer of knowledge and technology to the national workforce. In 2008, the production target of 549,000 tons which increased from the previous year.
4. Kencana Mine Extension
- Two additional deposits at Kencana is being undertaken of the existing K1 mine. Named K2 and K Link deposit which lies 100-300 m below the surface. Construction of the access tunnel along 1500m l will allow access and transport ore starting from K1. Production will begin in 2009
- Exploration group PT Nusa Halmahera Minerals has found a source of accumulation of 5,000,000 Oz Gold (Gosowong Toguraci, and Kencana 1). Total Exploration costs of USD 44 million and this figure may reach as much as USD 50 million by the end of 2010. Contract of Work area is divided into nine (9) candidates BLOCK: Extension Gosowong, North Gosowong, Tobobo, Ngoali, Matthat, Toliwang, Barnabas, Gosowong West, and party.
- Ore processingIts characteristics are similar to Gosowong, Toguraci and Kencana ores enable us to use the existing treatment process (ex-Gosowong) for ore processing Kencana underground mine, with an additional Gravity Concentration circuit to accommodate the Gravity Recoverable Gold (GRG). The processing plant was also applied to some modifications to increase ore processing capacity of up to 400 000 tons of ore per year with supply of high-grade ore from the mines. Gold processing plant Gosowong which also produces silver as a byproduct of systematic consist of (1) Crushing, (2) Grinding, (3) Gravity concentration, (4) yielding Cyanide conventional, (5) decantation At Counter, (6) Clarification, ( 7) Zinc rain, (8) calcining & retort, (9) Smelting, and (10) Detoxification.
The annual production of gold and silver will vary depending on the specifications of the ore and ore grades. However, the processing plant will be designed to have a production of 360,000 oz Au (gold) and 230,000 oz Ag (silver) per year with an average yield of 320,000 oz Au and 200,000 oz Ag per year.